Saturday, January 26, 2013

 
Well that's it, the tape, float, and texture is finished. Two guys arrived this morning and did the textures. I went over what I wanted with them (they already knew but I think were humoring me) and immediately started to work.  I couldn't believe they finished by 3:00 pm. Janice and I went to inspect the textures with them and we were both blown away with the quality of work they had performed. It looks beautiful. The pictures I downloaded will not show the true quality. I wanted an old Texas plaster look in the living, formal dining, kitchen, and hallway, the bedrooms, baths, and closets done in a medium Monterrey. The medium Monterrey was the type of texture we had in the house we sold in 2011.  I specified rounded corners throughout the house.  I really like how they turned out.
 
So far my Spanish has held up.  All the sheetrock, tape float, and texture guys didn't speak English.
Man, has my Spanish gotten bad since we moved to Austin 38 years ago.  I'm almost ready to start speaking make believe Spanish like some folks do here in Austin.  They add an 'O' to English words:
Mi forgotto to buyo the supplyo's neededo.  Geez!
 
The hallway and doorway to the mudroom.
The big square cut-out is for the return air for the
air conditioner and heater.
 
The formal dining room from the living room.


The texture in the living, formal dining, kitchen, and hall.

Janice and I are in charge of disposing of the garbage (one of the reasons we
got a pretty good deal on the price of the overall job).  I'm going to rig my trailer with
plywood walls in order for us to load all this and take it to the dump. 
There's another pile in the back of the house.
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment