Wednesday, January 2, 2013

After the trenching and pipe laying things have slowed again.  The only pipe I'm worried about is the sewer line.  This is probably the most important pipe that had to be installed because of the required drop (slope) and it sits above ground with the trench open.  It rained and it's cold.  Tomorrow I'll walk to the trench to see if it is ok. 
The sheetrock guy came by right after Christmas and advised me to order the sheetrock before January 1st.  He said all building materials would be going up January 1st.  We gave him a check to order the sheetrock in December.  He was right.  I went to Home Depot's website to find an attic ladder for a 12 foot ceiling (in the carport).  We had already checked Home Depot in the area and the tallest they had was for 10 foot ceilings.  At Home Depot's website they had one that I wanted to order.  However, I wanted it delivered to the store in Hutto, not to my house.  I couldn't find a way to have it delivered to the Home Depot in Hutto.  Then, the new year came and went.  We went to Home Depot today to find out how to order it and have it delivered to their store.  They called up the website and had me fill out my name, phone, and MasterCard number.  They then entered their address for delivery.  Damned if the ladder hadn't gone up $30.00 from 2012 to 2013.  It was the exact same site and ladder that I had viewed and tried to order on December 30th. 

No comments:

Post a Comment