Monday, March 4, 2013

The painters finished the exterior yesterday.  We couldn't believe how many guys ended up working on the house on Sunday.  When I saw all the cars, vans, and trucks I knew they wanted to knock it out that day, and they did.  Settled up with the paint contractor yesterday evening after Janice and I did our inspection. 
Now it's time for the trim and installation of all the interior doors.  When the paint contractor comes out again after the trim and doors are in to give me a bid for the inside I am prepared for the high bid.  The bid will be for him to stain and varnish all the trim and doors and then paint the ceiling and walls.  The interior will be three colors, four if you count the trim.  All the paint bids I get will be high.  However, having all the inside painted and stained will be fantastic.  Janice and I have toyed with the idea of doing all the painting ourselves to save money.  Memories of the slab staining, squeegeeing, and sealing to save money come to mind.  I think it would be faster and better for our health if we hire a paint contractor, especially since we want so much to get into the Ranch House.

The Front Elevation.

The windows at the Formal Dining room.
 
In back looking at the windows in the Master Bedroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment