Thursday, February 28, 2013


They've been spraying primer on the ceiling of the porch (it's bare bead board).  Soon they'll paint it sky blue.  I can't wait to see it.  The sky blue ceiling on the porch is an old traditional color.  It's supposed to keep Yellow Jackets, Mud Daubers, and other wasps from building their nests.  I don't think it will work but I like that it's traditional.
The framing contractor called and is preparing a few more samples of the trim around the windows.  He'll drop by or call me when he's done. 
The framing contractor also arrived this morning about the same time the painters got here to construct the frame around the pull-down stairs to the attic.  I think he also spoke to the painters about nails that hadn't been driven in all the way and a piece of the ceiling bead board that needed a couple of screws or nails. 
The tile contractor arrived about 15 minutes after the others to continue work in the showers.  Janice and I will go see how far everyone has gotten when the painters leave.

Spraying primer on the ceiling of the porch.



This is what I want it to look like.  This is at Paul Hancock's ranch
at the Provident City hotel's second floor (Google Provident City,
it's one heck of a story).  I was able to look around the two days
we were there celebrating Jonathan's bachelor party (Paul is Jonathan's best man). 
Man, what a time we had, Skeet shooting, metal detecting for old coins,
exploring the hotel, and Crown Royal at night by the fire pit.  The food was
fantastic and I discovered, thanks to Paul's father, pickled garlic.
I liked them so much that Janice and I, when we went to Laredo, stopped
at Buckeys in New Braunfels on the way back to buy a couple of jars full.



No comments:

Post a Comment