Wednesday, February 13, 2013

No pictures today.  We've been at a standstill for almost two weeks.  I can't get a painter.  We received a bid about a week ago through the sheetrock, tape, float, and texture contractor and he told
me he didn't even want to tell me what the bid was.  He said this paint contractor must have something wrong with his mind.  He had brought the paint contractor over for me to talk with and take around the house.  I noticed that he wasn't like the other contractors that I had dealt with.  I think he over-bid the job because he didn't want to drive all the way out to our land.
I called another paint contractor and hopefully he'll call me back to drop by and give me a bid.  The sheetrock guy may get me another and there's a paint contractor that owns land close to ours.  I haven't checked with him yet.
Janice and I have been getting sample cans of paint colors and painting pieces of sheetrock to see how they look.  We've picked out the exterior but had problems with the living, formal dining, kitchen, and hall.  I think (hopefully) we've got one now.  We painted some samples today and a couple looked promising.  We've purchased numerous sample cans of paint.  I told Janice that when we select the paints we want I can use the sample paints to do a Jackson Pollock painting.  I can't wait.
We've also been looking at kitchen cabinets.  We had the Home Depot folks do a design and today we went to a cabinet supplier on IH 35.  He'll email us his bid.
The Home Depot guy that measures for them came by this morning and measured the Kitchen and both bathrooms.  He was quite taken by the house and the location.  He moved here from Las Vegas.  Can you believe that, Las Vegas!

No comments:

Post a Comment