Monday, September 3, 2012

We thought that we would be taking pictures of the slab staining finished and ready for the framers at about 7:00 this evening.  We were wrong.  This has been one of the toughest projects Janice and I have ever done.  We are exhausted.  We are so tired that we can barely walk.
Today we started the morning by wetting the slab and squeegeeing the stain dust off that we were told would form on the slab when the acid stain had dried.  We did it once and didn't get it all.  We did it a second time, this time Janice brushed the slab while I sprayed the dust off and we eventually squeegeed it.  We went at part of it a third time and thought that we had all the dust off.  We walked to the bunkhouse and took a 30 minute break enjoying the air conditioner.  We thought we were ready to seal the stain, we were wrong.  I called the framing contractor and told him to begin on Wednesday instead of tomorrow, Tuesday.  I told him that we hadn't finished with the squeegeeing.  I was sure we could finish it on Tuesday.  However, tomorrow I teach my morning class and I have a doctor's appointment at 1:00 p.m.  I called Eric and told him we needed his help.  He said he'd be here whenever we needed him.  I think that the three of us can finish the job.
Never again.  JANICE AND I WILL NEVER STAIN ANOTHER SLAB!  We've been at it since Friday.  This project surpasses our putting up almost a half mile of electric fence a few years ago in August in 104 degree weather.  That was to keep our bull on our land.  This is to save $6000.00
Both times it's been Janice and I shoulder to shoulder laboring through the work.  I swear, the people some people marry.   

No comments:

Post a Comment