Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Everybody disappeared half a day on Thursday, the whole day Friday, and part of Monday.  When I called the crew boss I asked him if they had gone on strike.  He laughed and said that they were waiting for a cement truck to come in on Monday to pour cement in the piers they had dug.  It had been difficult scheduling the truck to drive all the way out to the ranch.  If the windows had arrived they would have installed them Thursday, Friday, and Monday.  I'm still waiting for them to come in from Georgia. 
Today they were back at it.  They are almost finished framing the porch joists.  They will level them tomorrow and start the decking.  I am in awe with the size of the porch.  This is what Janice really wanted, a porch going around the house.  IT'S HUGE!!  I'm almost wondering if I should have designed it going around the house but only 6 feet wide.  Designing it eight feet wide makes it almost as big as the entire house but oh is it going to look nice.  It's a very Republic of Texas design.


The porch in front. 
 
The porch in back.

No comments:

Post a Comment