Saturday, September 8, 2012

They just about finished framing the walls.  We were able to walk the floor plan and check the room sizes.  They worked out fine.  All the windows and doors are framed.  The windows have the headers in place but still need the sills and cripple studs to complete.  I've decided to change the door opening into the Master Bath to 2'-8" (the minimum wheelchair accessible door width, straight shot, is 32 inches).  I'll leave the door to the Master Bedroom and Master Closet at 3'-0.  It's sort of weird planning ahead to old age but what the hell, it's inevitable.
I'm getting a bid on the electrical.  We are also going to have to get bids for the windows and doors.  Janice and I will be getting the windows, doors, plumbing fixtures, electrical fixtures, counters and cabinets.  We're working little by little keeping track of expenditures while paying close attention to the construction timeline (once the roof is finished we have to immediately get the electrical contractor going).  We're also still waiting for the metal roof bids.
Front and left sides.

Rear and left side with carport.

3 comments:

  1. Looking good! It's becoming more and more real!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why am I unknown? I signed in with Google! I MUST FIX THIS (it's Katie BTW)

      Delete