Sunday, August 19, 2012


I received the bid from Loredo Truss.  It will cost a little over $3,500.00 for the trusses.  The framing contractor called and asked if the pitch of the porch roof had to be what I indicated.  I told him that he could adjust it a little if he wanted to.  A couple of days later I was thinking about it and realized that he may want to begin the pitch at the 9 foot wall and on over the porch.  Since it has a 3 foot overhang I can't have it begin at the wall, it has to begin further up on the truss.  A porch roof beginning at the wall would lessen the pitch and lower the overhang affecting the view and, most important, the light coming in through the windows.  I adjusted the porch pitch lowering it one foot and replotted the working drawings.  I went to Home Depot to see if they had 16 foot boards (the length that would be needed for the porch roof).  They said that it was a length they had in stock.  Today I will bind the working drawings and take them to the framing contractor.  I have to point out that the porch roof pitch has to be what I have drawn.
There has already been one glitch in building this house and I need to keep glitches down to a minimum.  I'm amazed at how closely one has to monitor the construction.

No comments:

Post a Comment